Access Medicine App
1. At the Library's website, click on the Access Medicine link at the Databases page
2. Click on the "Sign In" at the top of the website and then create a free MyAccess profile
3. Fill in the online form and create a username/password
4. Then download the app at the App store or the Google Play
5. Enter the username/password that you just created when prompted
To keep your My Access account active, you must sign in every 90 days through the link on the library website.
Clinical Key App
1. At the library's website, click on the Clinical Key database link to open the database. You might need to login with your proxy access (network username/password) if you are off-campus or accessing through WiFi.
2. Then you will need to register by clicking the REGISTER link in the upper right hand corner of the page and filling in the information. You will create a username/password during this process.
3. : In order to use the ClinicalKey and ClinicalPharmacology apps on your device, you will have to allow "Remote Access."
4. Next, go to the App store or Google Play and search for the ClinicalKey App and download to your device (free).
5. Then choose the "ClinicalKey" (not "ClinicalKey for Nursing") and enter the username/password that you created during your registration process.
You will need to log-in to ClinicalKey on campus through the library website every 30 days in order to maintain remote access. If you do not, your apps will not open and you will have to repeat the Remote Access steps in order to get access to your app again.
Clinical Pharmacology App
Elsevier Clinical Pharmacology App is now available for iPhone and will work on your iPad as well. You can download it from the App store (iPhone only app) and log in by creating an account at the Register link after you access the CP database from the library's website. You do not need a CP code, only your network username/password.
If the app is not opening, please go back up to the REMOTE ACCESS steps above. Once you have allowed remote access, the app will work on your device.
1. For best results, UNINSTALL any previous versions of DynaMed.
2. Go to the App Store or Google Play and download the DynaMedPlus mobile app.
3. After completing the app download, open the DynaMedPlus mobile app (ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE)
4. Signing into the app:
* If you are on your institution's internal WiFi network, content will automatically download.
* If you have a DynaMedPlus personal account user login, sign in and the content will automatically download .
* If you don't have a personal account user login, go to your desktop version of DynaMedPlus and click on "Get the
DynaMedPlus Mobile App" under the the Spotlight section OR bottom section under Medical Resources. Submit your e-mail address, open up the e-mail on your mobile device.
5. Choose to install with images or without images.
6. It will take 10-30 minutes to install the initial DynaMedPlus content.
7. Your device should be ready to GO!
Logging in to your DynaMed Plus account from the library website maintains your remote access for your app. DynaMed Plus will periodically require this.
1. At the Library's website, click on the UpToDate link
2. On or off-campus you will need to enter your network username/password (what you log in with to read your kcumb.edu email) when prompted
3. When the resource loads, click on the "Login/Register" link or if you are using an iPad, the "Log In" button.
4. Now you will need to register for a login with UpToDate. If you already have registered for a login for UpToDate, enter your login information but if you are a new user, enter your information and create a username/password.
5. Click on the "Submit Registration" link.
6. An email will be sent to you. You can then download the UpToDate app from the App store and login with the username/password that you just created.
It is compatible with iOS, Android or Windows 8 tablet devices.
The UpToDate iPad app subscription will periodically ask you to show your affiliation with KCU or your subscription will be terminated. To do this you will need to access UpToDate from the Library's website and login using your KCU network username/password at least once every 30 days. If you do not sign in to your UpToDate account for over 30 days, you will need to register again.
1. Open the link to VisualDx on the Library's website
2. Click on the "Get our free app on your iPhone, iPad or Android Device. Learn how"
3. A pop up window will ask for your email, name, and for you to create a password
4. Once you have been emailed your username and password, you can download the free VisualDx Mobile app on your mobile device from the iTunes Store or from Google Play
5. Launch the VisualDx app from your device and sign in using the username and password that you create