Apps for KCUMB Patrons
Clinical Pharmacology Mobile - Clinical Pharmacology Mobile application is available. Clinical Pharmacology Mobile supports most advanced devices that use standard browsers (such as iPhone/iTouch and Blackberry), and runs on the Safari, Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile, or RIM operating systems. Contact the Library for a CP Mobile code if you are interested in this service.
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide uCentral iPad App - First you will need to register and create a username/password from the Library's website.
1. In an Internet browser on your iPad, go to the Library's website and click on the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide uCentral link from the databases tab.
2. Click the "Put UCentral in your pocket for free" link in the upper right side of page.
3. Click on Register and enter your information; create a username/password.
4. Then go to the App Catalog and download the uCentral app to your iPad. There is also a Johns Hopkins Guide App, but this is for previous versions of the database and will not work with the uCentral version.
5. Then, open the App and enter the username/password that you just created.
This App will allow you to use the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide and also to search Medline.
The Medical Letter App - now available to download from the App Store or Android Market. It enables you to get the latest issue of The Medical Letter on Drugs & Therapeutics and Treatment Guidelines from The Medical Letter when and where you need it on your mobile device. Browse past issues of both publications, find information simply by using our Drug and Disease Indexes, or simply search — all formatted specifically for your device.
1. At the Library's website, click on the Medical Letter link at the database tab
2. Click on the "Mobile Apps" link under the Products Include list on the left side of the page
3. Register by filling in your information and creating a password and by using your kcumb.edu email
4. You will receive an email message after you are accepted
5. At the iTunes store or the Android Market, search for The Medical Letter app and download
6. You will need the password that you created when you login
Clinical Key -- Your ClinicalKey registration works with the First Consult app available for free from the App Store. Register first from the ClinicalKey link on the Library's website, and then download the app and enter your Clinical Key username and password.
1. Open the link to VisualDx on the Library's website
2. Click on the "Get our free app on your iPhone, iPad or Android Device. Learn how"
3. A pop up window will ask for your email, name, and for you to create a password
4. Once you have been emailed your username and password, you can download the free VisualDx Mobile app on your mobile device from the iTunes Store or from Google Play
5. Launch the VisualDx app from your device and sign in using the username and password that you create
UpToDate Mobile - The UpToDate website is optimized for mobile access. When you enter the link from a mobile device it is automatically detected that you are accessing UpToDate from a mobile device and the view is optimized to enhance your experience.
1. At the Library's website, click on the UpToDate (Visual Dx) link
2. On or off-campus you will need to enter your Library Barcode/Password when prompted (you may get an "add an exception" error box, but go ahead and add the exception)
3. When the resource loads, click on the "Want the UpToDate mobile app? Register Now" link or if you are using an iPad, the "Log In" button.
4. If you already have a login for UpToDate, enter your login information but if you are a new user, enter your information and select a username/password.
5. Click on the "Submit Registration" link.
6. An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to get the app after registration.
It is compatible with iOS, Android or Windows 8 tablet devices.
The UpToDate iPad app subscription will periodically ask you to show your affiliation with KCUMB or your subscription will be terminated. To do this you will need to access UpToDate from the Library's website and login using your barcode and password (if you are off-campus). You will then need to verify your information and reactivate your app.