Apps for KCUMB Patrons
Access Medicine Search Result Handheld Download - Access Medicine allows you to save and download content to your handheld from any content page on the site by clicking on the "Download for Handheld" link. You will need to "Create your personal profile" to use this feature.
Access Surgery Search Result Handheld Download - Access Surgery allows you to save and download content to your PDA from any content page on the site by clicking on the "Download for Handheld" link. You will need to "Create your personal profile" to use this feature.
ACP Online - ACP online for mobile phone application.
Annals of Internal Medicine - This is the current issue of the Annals of Internal Medicine in a smartphone application.
Clinical Pharmacology Mobile - Clinical Pharmacology Mobile application for smartphones is available. Clinical Pharmacology Mobile supports most advanced devices that use standard browsers (such as iPhone/iTouch and Blackberry), and runs on the Safari, Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile, or RIM operating systems. Contact the Library for a CP Mobile code if you are interested in this service.
Embryo App (NLM) - NLM has released “Embryo,” a new app for the iPhone, iPod Touch and the iPad. Features include human fertilization videos, photo micrographs of early-stage embryo development, 2D and 3D digital images using visual stack dissections, and a pregnancy calculator.
JLR Mobile - Journal of Lipid Research provides full text access from any mobile device.
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide uCentral - Johns Hopkins POC-IT Guide designed for clinical support at the uCentral Unbound Medicine Platform. The Mobile App is available with registration.
Journal of Clinical Oncology - JCO app provides convient access to full-text articles, easy links to JCO abstracts and archives, and import contest into your personal device library. App for ipad and iPhone.
LactMed - Drugs and Lactation database, this peer-reviewed and fully referenced database of drugs to which breastfeeding mothers may be exposed. Among the data included are maternal and infant levels of drugs, possible effects on breastfed infants and on lactation, and alternate drugs to consider.
The Medical Letter App - now available to download from the App Store or Android Market. It enables you to get the latest issue of The Medical
Letter on Drugs & Therapeutics and Treatment Guidelines from The Medical Letter when and where you need it on your mobile device. Browse past issues of both publications, find information simply by using our Drug and Disease Indexes, or simply search — all formatted specifically for
1. At the Library's website, click on the Medical Letter link at the database tab
2. Click on the "Mobile Apps" link under the Products Include list on the left side of the page
3. Register by filling in your information and creating a password and by using your kcumb.edu email
4. You will receive an email message after you are accepted
5. At the iTunes store or the Android Market, search for The Medical Letter app and download
6. You will need the password that you created when you login
Natural Standard PDA Download - For PDA access to Natural Standard contact Bruce Owens, Natural Standard Research Collaboration, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Key -- Clinical Key is optimized for use on your mobile device.
1. Open the link to VisualDx on the Library's website
2. Click on the "Get our free app on your iPhone, iPad or Android Device. Learn how"
3. A pop up window will ask for your email, name, and for you to create a password
4. Once you have been emailed your username and password, you can download the free VisualDx Mobile app on your mobile device from the iTunes Store or from Google Play
5. Launch the VisualDx app from your device and sign in using the username and password that you create
UpToDate Mobile - The UpToDate website is optimized for mobile access. When you enter the link from a mobile device it is automatically detected that you are accessing UpToDate from a mobile device and the view is optimized to enhance your experience. There is an iPhone App available for individual subscribers at the iTunes store, but this is not available with institutional subscriptions.