Apps for KCU Patrons
Clinical Key App
The Clinical Key App is now available.
1. At the library's website, click on the Clinical Key database link to open the database. You might need to login with your proxy access (network username/password) if you are off-campus or accessing through WiFi.
2. Then you will need to register by clicking the REGISTER link in the upper right hand corner of the page and filling in the information. You will create a username/password during this process.
3. Next, go to the App store or Google Play and search for the ClinicalKey App and download to your device (free).
4. Then choose the "ClinicalKey" not the "ClinicalKey for Nursing" and enter the username/password that you created during your registration process.
Clinical Pharmacology Mobile - Clinical Pharmacology Mobile application is available. Clinical Pharmacology Mobile supports most advanced devices that use standard browsers (such as iPhone/iTouch and Blackberry), and runs on the Safari, Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile, or RIM operating systems. Instructions for Mobile App here. Clinical Pharmacology only supports iPhone app, not an iPad app, so you will not find it in the App Store for iPad.
The Medical Letter App - now available to download from the App Store or Android Market. It enables you to get the latest issue of The Medical Letter on Drugs & Therapeutics and Treatment Guidelines from The Medical Letter when and where you need it on your mobile device. Browse past issues of both publications, find information simply by using our Drug and Disease Indexes, or simply search — all formatted specifically for your device.
1. At the Library's website, click on the Medical Letter link at the database tab
2. Click on the "Mobile Apps" link under the Products Include list on the left side of the page
3. Register by filling in your information and creating a password and by using your kcumb.edu email
4. You will receive an email message after you are accepted
5. At the iTunes store or the Android Market, search for The Medical Letter app and download
6. You will need the password that you created when you login
First Consult/Clinical Key -- Your ClinicalKey registration works with the First Consult app available for free from the App Store. Register first from the ClinicalKey link on the Library's website, and then download the app and enter your Clinical Key username and password.
1. Open the link to VisualDx on the Library's website
2. Click on the "Get our free app on your iPhone, iPad or Android Device. Learn how"
3. A pop up window will ask for your email, name, and for you to create a password
4. Once you have been emailed your username and password, you can download the free VisualDx Mobile app on your mobile device from the iTunes Store or from Google Play
5. Launch the VisualDx app from your device and sign in using the username and password that you create
UpToDate Mobile - The UpToDate website is optimized for mobile access. When you enter the link from a mobile device it is automatically detected that you are accessing UpToDate from a mobile device and the view is optimized to enhance your experience.
Quick Start Guide for UpToDate.
1. At the Library's website, click on the UpToDate (Visual Dx) link
2. On or off-campus you will need to enter your network username/password (what you log in with to read your kcumb.edu email) when prompted
3. When the resource loads, click on the "Login/Register" link or if you are using an iPad, the "Log In" button.
4. Now you will need to register for a login with UpToDate. If you already have registered for a login for UpToDate, enter your login information but if you are a new user, enter your information and create a username/password.
5. Click on the "Submit Registration" link.
6. An email will be sent to you. You can then download the UpToDate app from the App store and login with the username/password that you just created.
It is compatible with iOS, Android or Windows 8 tablet devices.
The UpToDate iPad app subscription will periodically ask you to show your affiliation with KCU or your subscription will be terminated. To do this you will need to access UpToDate from the Library's website and login using your KCU network username/password at least once every 30 days. If you do not sign in to your UpToDate account for over 30 days, you will need to register again.