Apps for KCU Patrons
Clinical Key App
The Clinical Key App is now available.
1. At the library's website, click on the Clinical Key database link to open the database. You might need to login with your proxy access (network username/password) if you are off-campus or accessing through WiFi.
2. Then you will need to register by clicking the REGISTER link in the upper right hand corner of the page and filling in the information. You will create a username/password during this process.
3. Next, go to the App store or Google Play and search for the ClinicalKey App and download to your device (free).
4. Then choose the "ClinicalKey" not the "ClinicalKey for Nursing" and enter the username/password that you created during your registration process.
Clinical Pharmacology App
Elsevier Clinical Pharmacology App is now available for iPhone and will work on your iPad as well. You can download it from the App store (iPhone only app) and log in by creating an account at the Register link after you access the CP database from the library's website. You do not need a CP code, only your network username/password.
1. At the Library's website, click on the Access Medicine link at the Databases page
2. Click on the "Sign In" at the top of the website and then create a free MyAccess profile
3. Fill in the online form and create a username/password
4. Then download the app at the App store or the Google Play
5. Enter the username/password that you just created when prompted
1. Open the link to VisualDx on the Library's website
2. Click on the "Get our free app on your iPhone, iPad or Android Device. Learn how"
3. A pop up window will ask for your email, name, and for you to create a password
4. Once you have been emailed your username and password, you can download the free VisualDx Mobile app on your mobile device from the iTunes Store or from Google Play
5. Launch the VisualDx app from your device and sign in using the username and password that you create
1. At the Library's website, click on the UpToDate link
2. On or off-campus you will need to enter your network username/password (what you log in with to read your kcumb.edu email) when prompted
3. When the resource loads, click on the "Login/Register" link or if you are using an iPad, the "Log In" button.
4. Now you will need to register for a login with UpToDate. If you already have registered for a login for UpToDate, enter your login information but if you are a new user, enter your information and create a username/password.
5. Click on the "Submit Registration" link.
6. An email will be sent to you. You can then download the UpToDate app from the App store and login with the username/password that you just created.
It is compatible with iOS, Android or Windows 8 tablet devices.
The UpToDate iPad app subscription will periodically ask you to show your affiliation with KCU or your subscription will be terminated. To do this you will need to access UpToDate from the Library's website and login using your KCU network username/password at least once every 30 days. If you do not sign in to your UpToDate account for over 30 days, you will need to register again.