What is Plagiarism?
Plagiarize : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
Types of plagiarism
- Mixing words or ideas from an unacknowledged source in with your own words or ideas.
- Mixing together uncited words and ideas from several sources into a single work.
- Mixing together properly cited uses of a source with uncited uses.
- A phrase or passage that is copied word for word, but not quoted.
- Rephrasing another person’s work and inserting into your own work without acknowledging the original source.
- Half crediting source; whereby you acknowledge the author’s work the first time, but continue to use the author’s words without giving additional attribution.