Access Medicine App
1. Click on the Access Medicine link at the Databases page.
2. Click to "Sign In" at the top of the website and then create a free "MyAccess" profile.
3. Fill in the online form and create a username/password.
4. Download the app at the App Store or Google Play.
5. Enter the username/password that you just created.
To keep your My Access account active, you must sign in every 90 days through the link on the library website.
Clinical Key App
1. Click on Clinical Key at the Databases page. You might need to login with your KCU network username and password if you are off campus or accessing through WiFi.
2. Click the "REGISTER" link in the upper right hand corner of the page and fill out the information. During this process you will create a username/password to be used just for Clinical Key.
3. : In order to use the ClinicalKey and ClinicalPharmacology apps on your device, you will have to allow "Remote Access."
4. Next, go to the App store or Google Play and search for the Clinical Key App and download to your device (free).
5. Then choose the "Clinical Key" (not "Clinical Key for Nursing") and enter the username/password that you created during your registration process.
You will need to log-in to ClinicalKey on campus through the library website every 30 days in order to maintain remote access. If you do not, your apps will not open and you will have to repeat the Remote Access steps in order to get access to your app again.
Clinical Pharmacology App
Elsevier's Clinical Pharmacology App is now available for the iPhone and iPad. You can download it from the App store and log in by creating an account at the Register link after you access the Clinical Pharmacology database from the library's website. You do not need a CP code, only your network username/password.
If the app is not opening, please go back up to the Remote Access steps above. Once you have allowed remote access, the app will work on your device.
1. For best results, uninstall any previous versions of DynaMed.
3. Signing into the app:
4. Choose to install with images or without images. It will take 10-30 minutes to install the initial DynaMed Plus content.
Logging in to your DynaMed Plus account from the library website maintains your remote access for your app. DynaMed Plus will periodically require this.
1. Click on the UpToDate link at the Databases page.
2. On or off-campus you will need to enter your network username/password (the same credentials you use to log into your campus email) when prompted.
3. When the resource loads, click on "Login/Register" or if you are using an iPad, the "Log In" button.
4. Now you will need to register for a login with UpToDate. If you have already registered, log in now, but if you are a new user, fill in your information and create a username/password. Then click on the "Submit Registration" link.
5. An email will be sent to you. You can then download the UpToDate app from the App store and login with the username/password that you just created.
It is compatible with iOS, Android or Windows 8 tablet devices.
The UpToDate iPad app subscription will periodically ask you to show your affiliation with KCU or your subscription will be terminated. To do this you will need to access UpToDate from the Library's website and login using your KCU network username/password at least once every 30 days. If you do not sign in to your UpToDate account for over 30 days, you will need to register again.
1. Open the link to VisualDx at the Databases page.
2. Click on the "Get our free app on your iPhone, iPad or Android Device. Learn how."
3. A pop up window will ask you to fill in your email and create a password.
4. Once you have been emailed your username and password, you can download the free VisualDx Mobile app on your mobile device from the iTunes Store or from Google Play
5. Launch the VisualDx app and sign in using your new username and password.